• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Hawthorne project

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Definitely a project, but needs a good home. Who's gonna be man enough to tackle this heap? Reduced to 225$ shipped from Louisiana, 70525. PayPal preferred, price is negotiable. Got it on the cheap from CL. Thought it was Snyder made, but looks like a CWC serial #. Supposedly came from Iowa. Got it with a dogleg crank, but was bent so bad you couldn't spin it. I replaced it with a random crank I had. Has rub mark on frame where it was hitting, but didn't effect frames integrity. I'll most probably toss the bars and stem because someone welded them at one point, unless you have to have them. Wheels are rough, but could be salvaged with some spokes and hub needs work also.
IMG_1654.JPG
IMG_1655.JPG
IMG_1656.JPG
IMG_1254.JPG
IMG_1255.JPG
Model D hub. Spins but no brakes.
IMG_1256.JPG

Pedals are Wald, one of the shafts is bent pretty bad.
IMG_1257.JPG
IMG_1258.JPG

IMG_1260.JPG
IMG_1261.JPG

Missing some spokes, can see a what's left of the pins.
IMG_1262.JPG
IMG_1263.JPG
IMG_1264.JPG

The end of the lower rear left fender brace is broken where it mounts to hub.
IMG_1265.JPG
IMG_1266.JPG

Tank surprisingly survived alright. Has rust, but not rusted through or rotted.
IMG_1267.JPG
IMG_1268.JPG

Some doucher welded the bars to the neck. It's a shame, I like the big bars. I'll throw them in the box if for some reason you want them.
IMG_1269.JPG

Missing oil port on hub.
IMG_1270.JPG

Last edited:
Back