GT Pro Series at a garage sale

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today was a lucky day. I walked into a garage sale and low and behold there's a 1998 GT Pro Series BMX bike sitting there in pretty good condition for a measley $40. Needless to say, I snatched it up. The CroMo frames on those bikes are near indestructable. So the plan is to turn this bike into a commuter. I'm thinking a BMX with a bike rack? Why not..

IMG_2725.jpg

Thanks!

Kind of nice to hear someone say "Nothing wrong with a bmx commuter".

A lot of people think I'm crazy. I put a bike rack on the back and gel pad on the sat and now I'm rolling comfortably with storage. Honestly, with my seat post set to a comfortable height for my knees, it's not much different than riding a track bike or any other SS/Fixie I've ridden. I'm going a little slower because of the wheel size, but I'm not trying to break land speed records anyhow. Besides, I have that added benefit of tearing off the road into a trail if I'm feeling like it. Kind of reminds me of the bicycle version of an Enduro motorcycle.

I built up an 80's GT Mach one recently, I rode it for about 4 miles then took off the cool looking, butt busting 80's plastic seat and bought a new odyssey padded one. Feels a lot better now.

well, sadly the bike sold today. I wasn't really planning on it, but I was offered $100 for it and I jumped on it. I guess that money will go into the RatRod fund. I'm really looking forward to building up a bike so that money can go to good use. 8)

Latest posts

Back