Gender bender stretch

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*added the before pic*

Someone take the tools away from me! I had a schwinn girls frame hanging up in my garage and I just couldn't keep the grinder away. :D Added about 7" of stretch.
I didn't set up a jig or anything so the frame is a few degrees off...but thats the joys of working with metal. You can cut and re-weld it as many times as you need.

I am planning on making a version of a boardtrack racer. I'm 6'3 so this should be long enough now...

Before
CIMG0919.jpg

CIMG0113700x525.jpg

Re: Gender bender stretch started

I have found a long piece of 3'' angle iron clamped from the neck to the seat post tube ,hold things pretty straight. Clamp the point out from the tubes ,where you have two places touching at each spot....If that makes sense. :wink: Those bed frames that are under your mattress work good.

Re: Gender bender stretch started

Uncle Stretch said:
I have found a long piece of 3'' angle iron clamped from the neck to the seat post tube ,hold things pretty straight. Clamp the point out from the tubes ,where you have two places touching at each spot....If that makes sense. :wink: Those bed frames that are under your mattress work good.

gahh! I actually have about 5 frames worth of scrap laying behind the garage.

sweet! now people won't laugh at you for riding a girls bike. :D

It's easy to suggest since I don't have to do the work but this is what I saw as potential. Move the BB to the center of the bike.

stretchsample.jpg

Going for the motorized bike. Me and engines :D
Planning to run a 3hp briggs that I brought back from the dead(Seized) and a clutch/jackshaft running a second sprocket on the rear wheel. A lot of stuff to get and build.

This is my second motorbike build so I am going to go full out on building this. Brakes, supports, the whole 9 yards!

The pic is a few days old, had some big changes since then
CIMG0046600x450.jpg

I've done a bit of work on the bike and I hope to have it rideable (Engine) before the snow flys! :shock:

CIMG0036.jpg

CIMG0037.jpg

CIMG0038-1.jpg

Gave my angle grinder a workout today!

CIMG0032-1.jpg

You can see the size difference. I am going to pull the torque converter off of the mini-bike and put it on the bike. Its going to fly! Now maybe I can beat that guy with the 80cc bike down the street! :lol:

Back