Found Flying Ace

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All

Found this Firestone Flying Ace bicycle in my aunt barn in Nebraska - that is a complete summation of my bike knowledge (I only knew that much because I can read the badge). Any information you can give me on the year, value, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Haven't even 'dusted it off' so the pictures are truly barn fresh. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

DSCF0232.jpg

DSCF0233.jpg

DSCF0234.jpg

DSCF0235.jpg

DSCF0236.jpg

DSCF0238.jpg

DSCF0237.jpg

lurking under all that grime is an amazing bike.

look around on this forum for creative ways to bring back whatever luster it has left.

and one more thing; people are still driving Fairmonts? haha, kidding.

You hit the jackpot. That's a dandy pre WW2 bike. If you're new into fixing up old bikes, I'll tell you it will be a while before you find another one like that. It looks all original...or nearly so. You better buy your aunt some flowers. :wink: Gary

Thanks for all the positive feedback! We thought it was pretty cool ourselves but unfortunately no one in the family is planning on fixing it up so we are wondering if it has any value 'as is'. And what would be the best way to get the basic grime off without doing any damage to the bike. Thanks again all!

Back