Foremost Swinger bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Found this small bike at the Flea Market. I never had one muscle bike, so I don't know too much about them.
Any info about it , including an evaluation is welcome.
Thanks
The bike is a 5 speed with Huret derailleur and has Excel Grand Prix brakes.
The s.n. is 7H910815

20170820_090705.jpg
20170820_090713.jpg
20170820_090720.jpg
20170820_090725.jpg

Any idea of the value?

I'd think at least 2-300, but muscle bikes aren't my specialty.
Did you post it in muscle bike thread?
Those guys could help you.

Thanks for your reply

Actually you was a BIG help. The fact that you told me it is a Huffy, made me to find an identical Huffy Trail on eBay.
I posted mine on eBay and sold in less than half hour.
40$ invested plus wake up at 5 am to go in the Flea Market.

'67 Huffy Rail with a Foremost badge. Probably worth $600-$800 in that shape. Looks complete. You bought it for $40?? That's insane!
Well, my evaluation was way off.

I hope you got a fair price Marius.

He sold it for just under $400 within 30 minutes. So he left probably $300 on the table. But, he made $300 on the same day.

I am learning. I never took these bikes seriously.
Almost pass the bike in morning, but I did not have too many bikes options.
Anyway, in morning I was thinking I will get probably 200 max.

CRASH should be on-line when you need him, not after. :)
Just joking.
I am happy for the profit I made today. The flea market doesn't have too much to offer, except a lot of Huffys, but not muscle bikes.
I will be more careful when I will sell the next Huffy Rail.

Since you're in Ohio, you probably run into a lot more muscle bikes than I do. I can PM you my cell number. You're free to text me with a picture and a question when the need arises.
That might be helpful, I usually pass them up because they aren't adult size. But apparently there's a market for them.

Let me tell you how the bike Gods were working this weekend. I had my Evel bike listed on Ebay for 1600. I got a offer of 750. Then I got a message from a Evel collector asking about it. We made a deal at 1000 shipped. My good deal to the new owner was rewarded with the deal on this bike. That is cool you only paid 40 dollars for it! Cant wait to get it.

$40 for THAT?! Why in the heck do I not find deals like that? I gotta pay retail these days to get anything!

Back