Flashlight Bicycle Drags

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
http://www.jalopyshowdown.com/showdown_005.htm
Alrighty .. so two years ago, Scary Larry who does the Jalopy Showdown car show in york springs pa where hot rods can run on a muddy race track .
-Put on a new show the Jalopy Showdown Drags which pre 64 cars can drag race . heads up flag starter the works .. swap meet and car show . located at the Beaver Springs Drag Strip.. in beaver springs PA .
so the first year as the drags ended me and a buddy got together a group of people who brought there old bicycles to the show , got the announcer "flash back bill" .. and the owner "beaver bob" and created the "flashlight bicycle drags"
were we take the old bikes . stage them at the starting line on the actual drag strip at night time.. and race to the 200 ft mark . and theres 2 people at the 200 ft mark each one has a flashlight and the light flickers on the winning side ..

soo for the past two years this is what we have been doing after the drags are done . would be nice to see more bikes come out for this . it did get coverage in Rod and kulture magazine.

October 3rd 2009 is the next Jalopy Drags .. this is a early post i know . but if you are interested in coming you might want to build a vintage bicycle to race :)

Oooooooooo something cool to do that is relatively close to me! I won't know I can actually make it until September but I will definitely keep it in mind!

Thanks, Joe

Back