ebike upgrade advice?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi, i am soon moving out of town and will need to increase range on my bike. i am planning to buy a 2nd battery as close as possible to an idential twin to the one i have(52v, 23ah, 40amp) and i wondered if the safest and most practical way to install it is to hook it up in parallel. once done, should i charge the whole system with one charger through controller, and just expect double charging time? or have an xt60 connector for each battery that is easily swapted to use the full battery when the main is low voltage? and charge both batt. at same time with 2 chargers? and if i understand how this works, 2 batt. in series= double voltage, and in paralle= double amps/capacity? if so, does that mean that i could potentialy have 80 amps available to pull.

I'm looking to add a second larger battery to my bike and had been thinking of using an A-B switch. When 1st battery gets low, turn the switch to connect second battery as it disconnects from the 1 at the same moment. And charging each separately.

Last edited:
I'm looking to add a second larger battery to my bike and had been thinking of using an A-B switch. When 2st battery gets low, turn the switch to connect second battery as it disconnects from the 1 at the same moment. And charging each separately.
Safer and more longevity.

Back