craigslist find Schwinn Corvette

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There was an ad on craigslist for a couple of repop krates, so I called. The one I wanted was gone but he told me he had 30 or so bikes in a shed and I could come down and look to see if there was anything else I might want. Well I got in the car and drove the 2 hours to louisvill, ky. Glad I went. I bought a Schwinn breeze for $20.00, a Schwinn collegite for $10.00, a Schwinn 1976 stingray for $25.00, a Speedway mini bike (no engine but a complete roller) $10.00.

The best was a Schwinn Corvette. This bike is complete and original. $50.00. I just could not believe the luck.

Here is a picture of the Corvette
100_1274.jpg

Nice find, is that a newer schwinn decal on the top tube or did it manage to survive?

the decals are original. There is rust on the top bar that I have not tryed to clean yet. The tires are original too, and yes it is a 2 speed. I have wanted an original one ofr awhile. I found a few with parts missing but this is the first one that had sat untouched for all of these years. It was actualy stored in an un heated shed for the last 30 or so years. Oh and yes they are stainless steal fenders and are very nice.

great score and it looks like it clean up real nice :mrgreen:
side note though...if you do clean it be careful with water/windex/or any other liquid around those decals they can come off really easy when wet

You have a Corvette,I have a Bel Air.

Lets go cruising 8)

Back