contents of closed Bike shop

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Bought this large load from the widow of a bike shop that closed in the early 1980's, got pictures of the bulk of it, also included were lots of small bins with small parts and hardware, thousands of spokes and more 24" tires than there were bikes. Rick Click on photos to enlarge

Tell me you have a "knock-out" hub cheap and you will make my year!!!!! :mrgreen:

Sorry dude got busy for a minute, a knock-out hub is used for a cycle-truck front wheel. Earlier models have axle "holes" at the end of the fork rather than "slots". The stand mounts to the axle as well, with stand and wheel in place the axle is pushed through and bolted. Or, in the case of dis-assembly, un-bolted and "knocked out".They are larger in diameter than most standard hubs and accept the larger ga. spokes(105 ga.) Oh, BTW nice score! Lots of E-pay material for sure! LMK if you happen to find one, needdle in a haystack I'm sure, but thought perhaps a little luck might come my way! Later & PEACE!!! :mrgreen:

Nice Buy!
If you are interested in selling the truing stand on the left and those spokes please let me know.

Thanks Joe

Thanks for all the responses, I have been swamped with emails and PM's, I will be selling quite a bit as there is more than I can ever use, I have not even seen it all myself yet and it will take me sometime to go thru it and decide what I am keeping and what s going. sorry for the tease, but I am just swamped in my real job(Heating Contractor), and need to sort this stuff out, Thanks Rick

man-o-man what a score! The wooden boxes should be in a museum :)

If & when you sell, I may be interested in other truing stand on right, and one, or all of those white-wall slicks, and if by chance you have any 3" (yes, three inch) spokes.

AMAZING SCORE!!! Been some great -HUGE ones on here lately - you shoudl have just bought the building, quit your day job and and re-opened "THE KZ1000 Bike Farm" - my brother has a tricked KZ1000......

i need a 24" wheelset. coaster in the rear. for 2.125" tires.
i also need some 24" tires. could by a couple pair of those from you too.
let me know when you have everything sorted out.

24" tires I have PLENTY of,let me know full size and I will check. I think there is only 1 24" wheel, I am trying to do a quick inventory list I can post on here of items for sale.

Back