"cheetos" chopper bike for cheap..buy or not?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can pickup a cheetos chopper bike for $50.00. It needs some work, and is missing the mock engine drink bag. Should I go for it or pass?

Is it worth $50 to you? Not my style, but that should never influence you.

I found this bit of information:

HI...I HAVE ONE AND PAID $375 ABOUT 10 YEARS AGO.....DID YOU GUYS REAS THIS COOL COMMENT FOUND ON THE NET ABOUT THE BIKE?\
I have one of these bikes too, heres what a customer of mine sent me, I hope this help:

Here's what I know and it's straight from Cheetos Headquarters in Texas. Crayola Crayon and Cheetos teamed up for the Color My World promotion. They order 1500 bikes from a company in Taiwan. After this company started building them they figured out that they wasn't going to get rich and stoped building at 1000 bikes. They shipped the bikes and durring the trip over the ship they were on was caught in a bad storm and the entire load on board the ship shifter, crushing the load of bikes. Cheetos sent a insurence adjuster out by helicopter and they wrote off about 650 bikes as being damaged. Then the crew of the ship was order to throw the damaged bikes overboard. The remaining bikes made it to the warehouse in the USA. About 150(approx.) bikes were taken home by Cheetoes big shots or given to thier buddys. The remaining 200(approx.) were put on display in stores thru out the US then given away as 1st prize in the Crayola Crayon/Cheetos Color My World Contest. It's also listed in a book called "The Evolution Of The Bicycle 2"

PRETTY COOL RIGHT !!!!!

From this link:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=21247&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

That was pretty neat..its amazing one of those bikes ended up in a little country home in hickory nc.
thanks

Back