CANCELLED -- (ORBO) GTNB -- CANCELLED

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingfish254

BUILD COOL BIKES AND HAVE FUN!!
Pro Member
Reaction score
CANCELLING this build. Combination of time, and lack of interest in building it. I'm just don't feel like building a bike that I know I'm not gonna ride.

Grocery Shredder - skateboard themed off road-ish grocery getter.
I
Starting with this Emory Workhorse industrial cargo bike that I got in trade from @FATMAN .

885_2d73be821ed1f7a62a23a17fcd8fea1e.jpg

I plan to cut images of classic skateboard stickers out of this book and cover the bike with them.

14891_0b9b62049816b4ef81a25fa2dd15b771.jpg

I plan on getting some trashed, beat up, and broken skateboard decks and cut them up to use for the tank insert area and for slats on the front rack and maybe even a rear rack. (here is the one I used as a seat for BEER RUN in BO6).

20110701Photo_510086F8-7268-08C5-13A0-6DD138B42886.jpg

As far as the off road-ish ness of this build, it's not going to be a full klunker. I haven't got the wheels yet, but I am going to use these Kenda Cross tires, so that the bike will be ridable both off road and in the city.

WP_002313.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not going to pretend to be a klunker guy. But this build should be interesting to watch! Is that fork bent forward? If so, I have seen alot of them bent back but not bent forward!

I'm not going to pretend to be a klunker guy. But this build should be interesting to watch! Is that fork bent forward? If so, I have seen alot of them bent back but not bent forward!

Think of this as a heavy as heck cyclo-cross grocery getter. :D
I could slap something that was knobbier on the wheels, but I want something that is also at home on the cobble stoned streets of Savannah.
The forks are angled forward and are heavy duty BMX style forks.

Similar to the tires I used on Beer Boy Delivery this summer KF. Good all around tires to "deliver the goods", whether they be in a bag or in a can....Heck, maybe we could start a new trend "Food Bikes" and hit the lunch crowd on a sunny day downtown... Rat on!:bigsmile:

Another out there KF build?
SUBSCRIBED!

Thanks.
Actually, I see this one as being fairly simple (otherwise I wouldn't commit to it). We'll see how it turns out.

Great glad your in.
Im sure kids being ma's go getters would have terrorized the hood going down to the corner store on that.

I had to think on that one hard, but I finally got it.
"Get To Not Buildin" - good one :thumbsup:
Thanks Jakester, I owe you a Sandwich since I was page 3 slacker. :D

Come on kingfish, you still got a month. At least put some wheels on it so you can roll it around from one nonphoto shoot to the next... Maybe a mockup of what it could have been via photoshopping. You could even change that 8 word menagerie of a title, to GTNB!

Carl.

Latest posts

Back