Built a Rat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, I had the trike done once or twice before. Thats it in my avatar when I tried a straight tube springer design.....that stunk! I shelved it for awhile. Then I was given a 20" huffy frame and hmmmmmm. Out came the torches, welder, sawzall and grinder. Paint?......No way! Frame jig?.....not a chance! New tires?......are you kidding????? I was inspired by the Rat model As that have tires taller than the body. I wanted the seat below tire level. I coulda went lower but I like to have em really rideable. Althought this one is tough to ride! O well.....its ugly and I'm done. Enjoy!

Lowtrike1.jpg

lowtrike2.jpg

VERY COOL 8) i like it bare bonez badness yess !

Tough bro, and a face only a mother could love :shock: (only kidding :D ) Serious mate, it think it must have something to do with getting older, or maybe it's the weather, but my tastes are getting more twisted by the day... UGLY IS GOOD. Oh yeah, where is that diff from??? It's looks almost as big as the one on my old Corolla! :lol:

Thanks guys! The rear diff is stock to the rear half of the frame, which I believe is Columbia. It also looks identical to one I had in an older sears lawn tractor.

Yep, that was a Columbia. And that diff. was the same model they used on lawn tractors(Murray?).
Check out the Revs columbia trike in bike builds and the gallery for pics.
Love the naner!

Back