Build-A-Bike: Calling you builders for a good cause

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NLCTVWguy

Rollin' on 20's
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
This weekend, Oct. 18th and 19th, our club is holding Build-A-Bike.

The idea of the event is that each member provides a kid's bike, or enough parts to restore one, or some cash or supplies towards a project, to put one bike on the road. It can be any kind of bike. These bikes will be donated to local kids in our city. There are a lot of needy kids around here, and many families are struggling just to put the basics together- doesn't leave much extra for a bike for the kids.

The bikes the club creates will be donated by the Freedom Trail Neighborhood Association (FTNA) in New London, CT, part of the city's Neighborhood Alliance. They have been donating bikes annually for over 10 years now, and we, as part of the neighborhood, are going to give their efforts a boost.

redrossdowntownc131.jpg

IF you have a bike to donate to this, or want to help out, please call me at (860) 912 6882 or email me at [email protected]

twenty0810start.jpg

We will meet at 1:00PM at 32 Home St., New London, CT 06320 on both days, 18th and 19th. After a couple hours of building, we will go for a ride downtown, weather permitting. All vintage and custom bikes are more than welcome to ride along with us.

twenty0814wildride.jpg

For more info, go to my web site: http://www.bareiss.net/nlccbc.html

--Rob

Back