Boise Bike. Week-Block Party and Parade

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Boise Bike Week just finished up. There were a ton of events. I helped down at the Boise Bike Project with the bike tuning classes. Then went to the block party with live music, bike polo(fixie), alley cat race and the Frankenbike Competition. I entered the Swing 16 into it but got blown out by the Tiki Bar bike.

TiKi Bar complete with torches and a blender powered by the wheels.
CIMG1430.jpg

CIMG1439.jpg

CIMG1440.jpg

Some other random shots
CIMG1429.jpg

CIMG1431.jpg

CIMG1432.jpg

CIMG1442.jpg

A few pics from the parade today. They gave away this Madsen Utility bike.
CIMG1449.jpg

Should of got pics during the ride these are just from before it.
CIMG1450.jpg

CIMG1451.jpg

aka_locojoe said:
How does that tiki bar steer?
Thanks for the photos.
It is steered by the two guys riding the bikes. They place their hands on some handlebars down under the bar. Each bike was independent of the other. It easily was able to turn around on a city street. It also had a jack on the passenger side that was used to make it stable when not being ridden.

2manybikes said:
Looks like a Hoot !!
Did you and your buddies get some cool libations from the tiki bar?

The Blender was not geared for drinks, just looks.

We had our bike to work parade on Friday and my 5 year old rode his Stingray. He even made the local news as the youngest rider to make the 6 mile loop.
Sadly there was no beer and no Tiki bike.

My 6 year old rode about 4 miles to and back the parade plus the 4 mile loop. That was after we had been out to the Idaho Velodrome& Cycle park for a little MTB action. My first time out there. I wasn't quit into catching big air yet but we had fun on the pump track.
http://idahocyclingpark.blogspot.com/

Nope- the swing bike has a new home down at Boise Bike Project. Should be good fun at events and such.

Back