BOARD TRACK TRIBUTE 4 speeds

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
karbo1 said:
Can you give us a rundown on the rims you are using and what you started with as far as frame bottom bracket etc.??? Looks kinda like a Worksman front wheel...

No problems, Everything is custom made, The wheels where laced locally, the front axle is a drum break hub, the rear hub is a HD Grubee axle. I like those axles a lot they are better than other stuff out there, the sprocket bracket actually screws in to the hub. The Sprocket is custom made 35T From Kings. The front end is a replica of a monark fork, i did some custom welding on it. The frame is totally made by me utilizing the Flying Merkel's frame as a model. I didnt wanted to be exact. The motor mount is made by me. I have been a little slow on the build and taking pictures due to the Cold. But i am very close to take it apart to sandblast the frame and paint it. As soon as im ready for that i will Put more pics and give a better explanation of the ins and outs of the bike if that is what you are interested in to. :)

karbo1 said:
Can you give us a rundown on the rims you are using and what you started with as far as frame bottom bracket etc.??? Looks kinda like a Worksman front wheel...

Maybe one of the reasons it looks like one of Pat's bikes is because i buy some parts from him. He does some good quality stuff that i dont have the machinery for. For example:
1) The Handle Bars I bought from him
2) The bottom crank axle and pedal sprocket

Everything else is pretty much me or parts around.
1) The wheels are just 2" steel wheels 36spokes the spokes im using are 12g, same in the back
2) The frame is what is left out of a female 1967 Schwinn 26" bike, I used the neck and from the seat post back but with lots of customization and hardened structurally, the rest is made by me i mean the bottom tube the backbone etc.
3) The tank is 100% made by me
4) Seat is 100% made by me
5) cables are all made by me (yes i bought the roll of cable and do the whole thing myself)

Now things that i didnt do are:

Well like I mentioned from Pat (Worksman) http://www.sportsmanflyer.com/
1: Handlebars
2:Bottom Crank axle and sprocket

From Kings: http://kingssalesandservice.com/
1: Rear main Sprocket 35T

From Grubbee:
1: Rear axle

Other brands:
Materials, spokes, wheels, cable, bolts, nuts, etc.

I promise I will get more pictures!!

By the way guys i am capable of making masking stickers or stickers. So if in need of a brand masking sticker let me know.

What does this i mean?
If you want to paint for example the word indian to your bike, or norton, or triumph etc etc,, it is pretty hard doing it by hand, and stickers well they fade, come off and are just Lame!!
BUT.... i managed to buy masking vinyl and a plotter, therefore i can cut the word or logo ect in the masking vinyl.
So you first prime the part, Tank ect,
Then paint the color you want the logo or letters to be in the general area of the logo
Next step wait till paint is a little dry , throw 1 hand of clear coat over it and let it dry, after it is dry
Put the masking logo or word on top of it, then paint the tank willingly
let dry
When paint is dry, remove the sticker(mask)
Clearcoat the part completely and polish (wouala!!!) the logo is painted on the tank.
I will be posting a tutorial on You tube soon.
Price is 30cents per square inch, with a minimum of $5 purchase,,,so anything smaller than 5 square inches , well yes is $5,,,,there is a lot to do before you can cut. But if interested i just need the logo and the dimensions. if interested send me a message.

Thanks for the update Ace. I may be interested in the masking. What type of file do you need to do it?

I am not a fan of that motor in a board track bike but you did a great job on that bike. I see you found Pat for the bars and crank setup... Good choice

karbo1 said:
Thanks for the update Ace. I may be interested in the masking. What type of file do you need to do it?
Hey, thanks. Well I prefer .psd if you have photoshop 7 or earlier. But JPG oit PNG works just as well. Just make sure you send it at the highest resolution possible. If you are interested send me an email [email protected]

chevelle68 said:
I am not a fan of that motor in a board track bike but you did a great job on that bike. I see you found Pat for the bars and crank setup... Good choice
No doubt that estetically , the motor doent do justice with the look. But i got to tell you the performance is uncanny in comparison with any other 50cc model out there. And the 4 speeds manual, i mean is unbeatable.

Yeah, Pat has some good parts and good taste on design. I got to tell you sometimes is good to have guys that can make some of the parts. Doing everything yourself can take what could be a nice project turn out to be a nightmare. So as lon as i build them and Pat sell the part I will buy from him. Plus he is a good guy :)

Ace Of Hearts Cycles said:
chevelle68 said:
No doubt that estetically , the motor doesnt do justice or goes by any chance perfect with the over all period correct looks. But i got to tell you the performance is uncanny in comparison with any other 50cc model out there. And the 4 speeds manual, i mean is unbeatable.

Yeah, Pat has some good parts and good taste on design. I got to tell you sometimes is good to have guys that can make some of the parts. Doing everything yourself can take what could be a nice project turn out to be a nightmare. So as lon as i build them and Pat sell the part I will buy from him. Plus he is a good guy :)

546281_10151353004647527_1020411754_n.jpg

Here a new picture, including the header and dual pipes i made for it, got to get them recromed. Also working on tank

18htan said:
Ace Of Hearts Cycles said:
18htan said:
Keen to check this out, but can't see any pics :|

Not sure if its just me or needs re hosting.
Hum weird,,,,,,,,,, Ill figure it out

Don't stress mate. Looks to be my issue. I can see them now.

Looks outstandingly cool by the way
Oh ok Well kool then im glad you like it. Its fram from finished, but i think ill catch a break this weekend looks like finally ill get to finish the tank. temperatures will be in the 60's yay!!

Back