Board Track Project Bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up these 2 bikes today. The first is a Royal Flyer in need of a complete resto. I will do the bike as a Board Track Racer with springer fork, nicer wheels, maybe white tires, not sure of paint yet.

This bike is a CCM Massey. It has 28" wheels. I am not sure how I will do this one yet. I do have a new set of 28" 64 spoke wheels (yes 64 spokes) with a freewheel. I am thinking of a spoon brake for stopping. I also have to change the chainring.

Any ideas for these from anyone.

Oldy57,I,myself can not get enough Board Trackers...

Keep us/me posted of your progress.

Nice start!

Spoon brake?
Can someone please elaborate?

tomb said:
Spoon brake?
Can someone please elaborate?

As found on Sheldon Brown's site;
http://www.sheldonbrown.com/gloss_sp-ss.html#spoon

Spoon Brake
The earliest type of bicycle brake consisted of a lever which pushed a metal shoe against the tread of the tire. The part that pressed on the tire was shaped like a flat spoon, hence the name. Spoon brakes became obsolete with the invention of pneumatic tires, although spoon brakes on the front wheel, as an emergency back-up to a coaster brake, were still in production in less-developed countries as late as the 1980's.

CCR- That bike that you posted a link to is fliping AWSOME!My wife was even impressed! Thanks! EM :lol: :D :D :D :lol:

Thats cool, Any idea where to get a "Bomber" sprocket?

ha!

"spoon brake" when your tired of forks..... :roll:

Back