Bionx motor question.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up this 26" NOS Bionx D series motor. I understand they went out of business. Wondering how much of a pain it would be to get this to work without the rest of the Bionx system or if it's even worth the hassle. I wanted to use it as a front wheel for a trike project, it's obviously a single gear rear set up right now. I don't have a ton of money into this, infact I have less invested in it then the cost of the tire that came with it, so I won't have hurt feelings if I can't convert it. Thanks for any information.
Screenshot_20240131-175751.png

Screenshot_20240131-175805.png

Screenshot_20240131-175800~2.png

The "Bionix System" was proprietary . A Bionix battery and Bionix console have be used with their motor. All 3 have to have compatible programing. The controller is in the motor. It would have to be removed, and the motor rewired , to work with a generic controller.

The "Bionix System" was proprietary . A Bionix battery and Bionix console have be used with their motor. All 3 have to have compatible programing. The controller is in the motor. It would have to be removed, and the motor rewired , to work with a generic controller.
Thanks for the info. No to do some research on both options.

Back