Big, thumpin Bike Stereos.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I though I might post this in case anybody (Kev) is still looking to make a bike stereo.

From today's NY Times: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/29/nyregion/29bikes.html

20054491.JPG

bikes600.jpg

20054485.JPG

20054533.JPG

20054531.JPG

20054479.JPG

20054495.JPG

20054487.JPG

There's gotta be a better way! Hats off to those guys thou, they may wanna consider trikes! Does anyone else have a more tame idea on a CD player install on a bike without it looking gawdy or completly out of place? I don't feel this is an absurd idea, I hate ear buds and dont feel safe with them on when riding. I have a few ideas that I've kicked around in my head, a tank with an MP3 and small speakers on the bottom is one. Anyone else?

What I have been thinking about doing, but just like everything else until after Christmas have no money for is this. Getting an el-cheapo walkman, Ive seen them for 10-15 bucks with am/fm. Get some small stealthy computer speakers mounted under the seat, on the handlebars or anyplace you can fit them, and run an I-pod through it. I think that is about the lightest, and smallest option. Back in the 80's when I was rockin my Huffy Scout for hundreds of miles, I actually ran a walkman with a little speaker box, but that was before I-pods, so then you would never have to change out the casette! lol. (this post was in no way a cheap plug for the i-pod or walkman).

ok, heres what little ive picked up on this. i saw a killer sterio at the tour de fat in colorado. its was a trailer set up.someone told me to use a deep cell battery (marine) or boat because they take recharge better than a regular car battery. just build a box with an amp and a small sub with 2 to 4 speakers and a little wireing. and use an ipod as the sterio "no skip". theres probably more to it than that but thats my 10 cense worth... im going to try it. Oh and the one i saw, shook the neighborhood.

Hey randy, how are you and nova doing? just got back from florida... was fun. im thinking i might give it a try this spring! have it to use maybe for all the upcomming events like midwest bike fest or even a tour de fat!!! chicago maybe? will try to give you a ring soon.

Latest posts

Back