Big Daddys Rat continues

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More on the progress of BDR 1,
Here are the pieces cut from plate to add the lines for the rat

All pieces welded into place

chopper1024.jpg

Final assembly minus the original fins... TOOOO sharp to have on rat even though it would have looked cool. Will most likely go with a shortened rear fender with some mods of course... this should keep the lines flowing better on the bike

chopper1027.jpg

All that needs to be done is a little bondo to smooothen it out, then painting will start ....I hope , if I don't come up with any last minute design changes

Big Daddy

Thanks , I thought so too.... I am going to mount the mirrors where the kick in the bars are on the way up from the bottom... should look good there.. 8)

Parts ,parts ,parts.

Got a bunch of stuff the other day for "The
Rat"... All told to date, only 120 bucks invested so far , not bad for a build like this .

Notice the name on the dice?
chopper1032.jpg

Tires ..Front 20 x 1.75 .. Rear 20 x 2.125 slick..
chopper1033.jpg

If the weather gets better hopefully I will be able to get more done sooooon!!!! My back yard is my shop for now and it is a bit hard to work on raw steel in the rain.
If anyone has any comments or questions about the build so far don't hesitate to post a reply, good or bad... One can only improve on ones mistakes only if others are willing to help..
Thanks, Big Daddy

Big Daddy

P S... Glad to finally meet you Kev aka Clothespin "n".and thanks for the awsome comments on the build so far... I can't wait to get this bad boy on the road ... 8)

Latest posts

Back