Best Repair Book?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm and old man wanting to build some customized bikes - This site provides great info and inspiration - Can anyone recommend one good book on basic bike repair - I'm starting with no real knowledge of the mechanics of bikes - The local bike shop owner is a great guy but I don't want to bother him anymore than necessary - Thanks - DB

Glenn's is definitely the bible of repairs! I also picked up a cool book on building Kustom bikes called "Atomic Zombie's Bicycle Builder's Bonanza", by Brad Graham and Kathy McGowan. It has a LOT of great info on welding, and many cool ideas! ~Adam

MikeS said:
"Glenn's Complete Bicycle Manual " by clarence w. coles and harold t. glenn is the best book you'll find for working on older bikes.

get that if your working on older bikes specifically, newer repair books are pretty much based on mountain and road bikes.

Thanks much for all the help guys - When, if, I get something done I'll be sure to post pics - Best regards - DB

Back