barkeepers friend...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow!!! this stuff is great! i started taking apart and cleaning the stingray mini twin and the barkeepers freind is a freakin miracle worker! except for the spots where rust had eating through to the metal it all looks brand new! the rust even came off of the aluminum peices. that product has a loyal customer for sure!
fast eddie outty

Tell me more! Where can I buy this stuff. I am still cleaning up the Stingray Fastback I picked up a few weeks ago. The wd-40 and a brass brush is doing an ok job, but the chrome is not exactly sparkling. Sounds like this is the procuct I need to make it shine. Thanks

It is a cleanser that is powder or liquid that is made for cleaning brass and copper. You can get it at a grocery store wal-mart. IT IS REALLY GOOD G/L T/y Tony 8)

I learned about that stuff when I was in the Army. Guys would use it to shine up all the shiney stuff on the dress uniforms. It's frickin sweet!

wood bleach with oxcalic acid will clean it up to.you fill a tote or something your bike will fit in with a mixture of the bleach and water. soak it for 2 days, take a toothbrush to it and its super clean.except for where the chrome peeled or rusted through.

Rust is actually iron oxide. Aluminum rust is called aluminum oxide and is white rather than red. Water will cause aluminum to 'rust' just like iron or steel but it normally is called corrosion rather than rust.

:)

Back