"Bad Penny" Cruiser Build - Mockup Update!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: "Bad Penny" Cruiser Build - Mockup Update

DSCN0941.JPG

DSCN0942.JPG

DSCN0943.JPG

What do you guys think of the 10" gooseneck? Too much?

Gee Brett, you seem to be everywhere I go. Must be the pinstriper in you,ha,ha,... Bike looks awesome buddy, you're lines have come a long way in the past two years.
Painting on narrow little frame tubes is so tedious, great job!
Chris Stapley.

Thanks, Chris! Yup, the motorhead in me likes just about everything with wheels and anything with wheels NEEDS pinstripes!

Meat & potatoes, kind of thing.

Looks great... stem looks fine to me, but for some reason I feel like this bike needs a nanner seat?! I don't even usually like em, but with the striping on this and those bars I think it would be really cool!

Great job!

Thought about a short banana seat with a standard rear bar, but I might be using a rear rack, so......

I do think I could use a bent seatpost though (hint, hint)!

brett4christ said:
I do think I could use a bent seatpost though (hint, hint)!

That a hint for me?! I made one once, but it was REALLY narrow for the CWC frame I have. I just bought the solid steel from Lowe's and heated it a little with a torch and bent it. Worked fine... except I pulled my vise out of the table.

I have NO clue how to do a bigger one... couple people on here make them though, I think. Good Luck!

crump582 said:
That a hint for me?!

Not really. I've spent my budget on the bike already.

I got it all together tonight and took it for a spin. The bars could be just a little wider, but they look really cool!

Back