"BACKSTREET" Spaceliner gone APE? back again!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
backstreet8.jpg

Hey community. I promised I would get back showing this bike with the hard fork and jr. Ape bars (I call em). Once everything is tighten up, the rubber will meet the road.

backst-gone-ape-9.jpg

backst-gone-ape-8.jpg

backst-gone-ape-7.jpg

backst-gone-ape-2.jpg

backst-gone-ape-6.jpg

backst-gone-ape-5.jpg

backst-gone-ape-4.jpg

backst-gone-ape-2.jpg

backst-gone-ape-3.jpg

I entertain the thought of a bike rack, but I had to take time and find one that would work with everything else. Saw a nice one on ebay and went for it.

rack.jpg

007.jpg

So, flow wise this rack will work but, It needs work. see the issue? So it wil need to be lengthen so it can bolt up to the clamp.
The bends will need bending again, clock and counter clockwise (if you see what I'm trying to say). if I wish to fit BackStreet with a rack, this rack when finished will meet the call.

008-1.jpg

"BackStreet" will experience some mood swings on occasions thanks to this group that would allow me to make facial changes like the front end, the Handlebars,
Chainguard (no time soon) even the drive train. I plan to have two rear wheels built up. Both using Sachs. One with a Sachs single speed, the other, a Sachs three speed.
The single speed Bedix that's on the rear now will be dropped. I like options. If I'm going to the shore where it's perfectly flat, the single speed hub will suit. In my neighborhood, there are some mild up's and down's that a three speed will negoiate around.

002-1.jpg

So that's it. My first offer to the Rat and spaceliner community. As I said earlier "BackStreet' needs some additional work. Mods to the Springer, rear wheels built up, the rack and the lights. Both front lights will need upgrades and how they will be powered, I'm not sure. I waiting on a Higgins Badge to mount on the headtube. The next you see this bike will hopefully be in the next Photo Contest. Which appearance is anybody's guess, I don't know either. Thanks again community.
wcc

backst-gone-ape-1.jpg

backstreet1.jpg

Oh yeah, Stay tuned.

shel-n-jc2.jpg

Back