anyone help me price this bike fairly

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
ok so i built this bike up and now it just sits in my shed unridden.
i think i rode it maybe twice since the buildup.
i know i have around 85 dollars into it between parts and the actual bike.
but what i would like to know is how much it may be worth.
it's a shame it just sits in my shed and i would like to sell it to someone who can enjoy it.
any help would be appreciated
it is a 56 i think Schwinn dx 24 inch boys bicycle.
the rear fender is original but the front fender is off Colombia.
the apes and banana seat and sissy bar are aftermarket.
the wheels i got in a trade deal and all i know is it is a new departure hub in the rear
the rear wheel needs some truing but i have ridden it as it sits with no issues.
tires are fairly new and are also aftermarket.
the front forks need to be swapped as they are too short in the steer tube
again i have been riding this like this and other then occasionally tightening it it works fine
so as you can see it's been built and i know i will lose some
so that's why i ask what should i be asking for it
thanks
Sean

the steer tube issue

the picture at top is it's current state the one in the middle was taken as a progress picture before i finished the front fender.

It's worth whatever someone will pay. Just playin, I've seen the24" dx frame alone bring $50 to $90 bucks. Plus looks to be some other decent parts. I just purchased a 24 " dx complete, no tank, rusty, fenders trashed, for $65. If you found some forks that work better I could see it going in the $150 range to the right person. Heck you never know could bring a little more. Can always start higher and accept offers.

Back