Any help with what year this Schwinn is???

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all i might go pick this bike up this weekend but the guy doesnt now what year it is.
3M93J53H95N65Ee5P2ccb9827c011bc2e1cd7.jpg

Says its a vintage Cruiser with new paint and parts :?:
Any ideas to put more or less love in my eyes?
Thanks guys for the reply

cman said:
It is not a Chicago Schwinn. If a Schwinn, it is 1983 or newer.
Noob here, how do you know what to look for to tell what era it is?
Any links you can point me too id like to learn about as much as i can

The main catalog sight is down but this sight has some good info. http://schwinncruisers.com/

The first thing I look for on a Schwinn is smooth joints where the frame tubes meet at the headtube(front). The chainguard is generic on yours. Sometime the kickstand can be a clue.

1976_schwinn_41.jpg

That bike looks to be parts is parts bike. Nicely done.

It's very very new. 2000-something. Chinese built, probably still has a Made in China tag down near the crank.

It's not this model in the current catalog, but it's closely related:

http://www.schwinnbikes.com/bikes/cruis ... hore-14727

As the listing says "Available at mass retailers only." It's a Target, or Wal*Mart special. 100% China-bike. Has several nice throwback features, like a one-piece chrome crank, "clover" sprocket, painted/chrome springer fork, and bow style pedals.

It didn't sell for more than $150 or so new. Used, $100 tops if everything's working and tires are like new.

I can't tell you exactly what model it is, it kind of looks like it was repainted.

The frame is regular butt-welded steel, and that little rear tab for the chainguard is a clue to the fact that it's not a Chicago Schwinn. The stick on black headbadge is another clue.

--Rob

Latest posts

Back