Any help ID my new friend

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Clist delivered this for $35. Was listed as a shcwinn cause the seat and peddles are labled. But they are excorsizor parts.
14737945885191301419190.jpg
14737946098391940720903.jpg
1473794801344349056928.jpg

Everythings wrong with this thing. Seat tube smashed to hold wrong post. BB cups are way to big and sitting on where the chain stays pass into bb preventing them to seat. The cranks have been eatting into the sprocket key way cause undersized.
The serial numbers are un readable. It seems to be an all black bike under the spray bomb gold. Still happy with it just wish i knew what it was..
At least the excorsizer peddles are im good shape to build custom jobs out of...
So i got peddles and a fork out of this one ...

I think im doing bike collecting and buying wrong...
On my way to grap a 1989 peugeot folder.
Maybe that will stay in one piece.

Oh thats awsome! I think u helped me id the othef "vintage chicago schwinn" im trying grab off craigs. The big differance between the 2 is the dropouts. Yours have that winged murry look. Same with the one i may pick up. He has a macro shot w an electra seat:( basically thats dealing w the list in LA either they know what it is and want way too mutch.. its garbage and they want too mutch.. or they have no idea what they have and are positive its gold.

That would be a cool outcome if it is. Im impressed with how clean it was built originally as far as welds go. Not sure what ill do with it, getting hung in the racks for now.
Thanks for looking.

Well i think this officially wraps up my craigslist career:). I like weird stuff, i've come to recognize that dose not lead to great buys just more weird stuff:crazy2:

20160914_182303.jpg
20160914_182252.jpg
Its a huffy... im impressed with how most of this was built... called verns and was planning run the fork over to them and have it dipped in copper.. i thought the fork crowns looked bent.. was about throw it in the press so i san blasted it.. nope it was fitted this way.. fender mount also brazed in twisted...

Not sure if i care enough to break out a tourch and seat things better.

Copper sounds better to look at.

Latest posts

Back