any help figuring out what this is would be great!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i bought a few bikes a couple weeks ago i think im only going to keep the one "late 40's i think, sears cruiser" but i may sell the others, i cant firgure out what this one is though, any help would be awesome. thanks guys.
097.jpg

096.jpg

095.jpg

094.jpg

heres the other two bikes
this one is the 49 schwinn
102.jpg

and this one says flying eagle but im not sure what year it is
098.jpg

100.jpg

On the Schwinn, look at the rear dropout on the brake side to see the serial number, near the rear axle. It should have a letter and 6 numbers. We can get the exact date for it then. That last frame is cool, I don't know what it is though, looks English built.

The Flying Eagle looks to be from the Daimler/Puch/Steyr collective, who built most of those Euro/cruisers, as well as bikes for Sears and countless other badges. Looks close to my Royce Union, somewhere in the early-mid 60s. -Adam
collection3008.jpg

Also, that teal (& rust) colored bike is Murray built, and may have a Murray date code stamped on the BB which could tell you the year, and possibly what badge it was built as. -Adam

Thanks for all the info guys, sorry I've been busy trying to get some work done on my 41 Chevy "in the background of the first pic". I'll try to get the numbers from the frames over the weekend

Latest posts

Back