amf bicycle owner wants 250 good or bad?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
well I am stumped as to what this one is the owner says it is a 1960's amf but I have never seen one of these.
it looks to be more 70's and I feel their cheese fell way off their cracker thinking it is worth 250 but I have been and very well could be wrong.
she says the headlight is rare but the headlight is irrelevant to me as I am more concerned what the entire bike is worth.
any thoughts or ideas as to what it is or what it's worth and is 250 a good price or has the American pickers craze already struck yet another state.
thanks
Sean

Id pop on it for 50., the frame is really solid, paint is so so but its there., original seat..seats worth 20 bucks. decent bars and if the light WORKS., maybe 20-35 on the light [by itself] I dont see much "rarity" concerning it., but I dont collect AMF or Muscle either. maybe 75., but only if I was to keep it. at fifty., theres a little room to flip all cleaned up.

I wouldn't call anything on that bike rare. Like FZ said, the seat might bring $20. If the light says "Schwinn Approved" on it somewhere, that might be worth a few bucks. But condition is just not there on this bike. My top price if I liked it and planned to ride it... $30, maybe

Low spoke count, short crank, low gearing, no style basic diamond frame little kid's bike. If I had a kid who wanted a banana bike, I might go as high as the original price of $49.95

Id pop on it for 50., the frame is really solid, paint is so so but its there., original seat..seats worth 20 bucks. decent bars and if the light WORKS., maybe 20-35 on the light [by itself] I dont see much "rarity" concerning it., but I dont collect AMF or Muscle either. maybe 75., but only if I was to keep it. at fifty., theres a little room to flip all cleaned up.
yeah I figured their cheese done fell wayyy off their cracker on this one.
I have no interest in it whatsoever just figured I would check and make sure I am not missing anything on it thanks flying zombie

I wouldn't call anything on that bike rare. Like FZ said, the seat might bring $20. If the light says "Schwinn Approved" on it somewhere, that might be worth a few bucks. But condition is just not there on this bike. My top price if I liked it and planned to ride it... $30, maybe
I agree I figured it was way overpriced thanks ozzmonaut like I said before their cheese done fell way off their cracker on this one

Low spoke count, short crank, low gearing, no style basic diamond frame little kid's bike. If I had a kid who wanted a banana bike, I might go as high as the original price of $49.95
that is still more then I would pay doorman I just have a hard time seeing anything worth anything on that bike I have thrown better bikes away lol. thanks doorman and everyone else

Sentimental value to him maybe. Worth that in his own mind. I've had this issue with a seller before. Your memories are worth more to you than anyone else.

Back