All Monark now......

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Seeing all these pictures of Monarks while doing research on my '48 Super Deluxe gave me the ambition to stick mine together just to look at it.........and go for a ride :mrgreen: Took parts from 5 Monarks to get it where it is at this point. I know it's not correct for the year (wrong year fenders and head light) but I like it and at least for now I can enjoy it till I find the rest of the stuff to restore it. It is all Monark now.

If any one has a (I think '46-'50) chain guard for one of these I'd love to buy it. Toughest part will be finding the correct pedestal light.

This is it as it was when I got it. The fork was bent so bad it had a six inch long dent in the middle of the fender and it touched the tire. I located a new main fork but it was off of a girls bike. Went down to friends house and we shortened it an inch and rethreaded it.....sex change successful.

After a few hours of work today. I do hope to restore it correctly some day but at least for now I can ride it.

All Higgins!

I say we start a trend of piecing together bikes with donor parts from other bikes and leave them that way after getting them together. ihave sine put the correct Color Flow tank on it with the red jewels.

BTW - nI really like your Monark project 8)

Joe

JCH1.jpg

Nice bike Joe! They definitely have a lot of character. I'm working on a Huffman/Dayton tank bike that is going together one piece at a time....come to think about, all of my projects are that way :mrgreen:

Awesome! I really am digging it the way it sits. I second the idea of beginning a trend of bikes made from mismatched original donor parts. Very cool! :)

Back