Albitre boardtrack

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey, I had forgotten about this website for a while. Heres a boardtrack inspired bike I built a couple years ago, and subsequently sold. Forks are Monark, Wheels are Worksman, pretty much everything else I built from scratch. Enjoy!
DSC01158-1.jpg

DSC01161-1.jpg

DSC00907.jpg

DSC00865.jpg

My girlfriend put up some videos back when I was selling it on Youtube under "Albitre"
I'll post some of the other bikes I've built in the other threads, Thanks!

I started some other threads of bikes I've built. The chainless is recent. I have a bike based on a Harley J that I've been messing with for a little while now too.

Not at all. I got good money for it, and now it sits in a living room in NYC with a bunch of cool bikes.

Hello! This is an absolutely gorgeous bike. I'm a new member and decided that this thread is appropriate for my first post. I discovered the site while I was researching board track racers and have become determined to make a replica this coming summer. I've been looking on Ebay at engine options and do not like the smaller bicycle motors because I would like to make a larger replica such as this one. I stumbled across a Lifan 200cc that seems to be offered en masse through Ebay stores. Is this bike made with one of those? I am not entirely motor-savvy, I'm afraid. When I get home from university for the summer my father will help me build the bike. How easy is it to get these modern motors to use the pedal-start mechanism? Is it just a chain going to the kick-start with a cog rather than the kick bar? Any information on the motor assembly and what needs to be purchased beyond something like... This motor would be appreciated!

It looks like you have a drum brake in the front? What is the hub? Is there a rear brake on this? Any particulars about the mechanical build would be appreciated (I've got stuff like the frame-making down). Also, what was its performance like? Top speed? Miles per gallon? That is, considering it's the engine I think it is! If not, then knowing what you did use would of course be cool. This is exactly the sort of bike I would like to build when it comes down to the structure and scale. Once again, absolutely lovely work. Cheers!

EDIT: I found your post on the Motorized Bicycles forum... I see that it is a Lifan, but is only 150 cc. Also, the videos show you using the kick-start. Is the pedal-chain assembly just for show, or was it also functional? Thanks again.

-Kilroy

Killroy , you might check your local laws before you embark on a big motor on a bicycle. Most state that it has to be , I think 60cc or less , have pedals , and no gears to shift. If you buy a bigger motor and build one , then your just building a motorcycle that will require Insurance and be made street legal.

Uncle Stretch said:
Killroy , you might check your local laws before you embark on a big motor on a bicycle. Most state that it has to be , I think 60cc or less , have pedals , and no gears to shift. If you buy a bigger motor and build one , then your just building a motorcycle that will require Insurance and be made street legal.

I live in California. I expect to register it as a custom, one-off motorcycle, which ain't that hard here. Thank you for the concern, though!

-Kilroy

The Wheels are Worksman and the front drum is theirs as well. Works decently, but if I were to build another small bike like this, I'd upgrade the brakes. The rear "crank" is just single sided And operates the coaster brake for the rear. I rarely used it though. This bike would top out in the upper 50s to low 60s I think. I never pushed it that far but I could cruise about 50 in 4th gear all day, its a 5 speed. Also with the torque that Lifan put out, it didn't need pedals, for starting or taking off. I used the kick or electric start all the time. Check Hooper imports, they have good deals at times.

As far as the legal issues, its going to vary state to state and probably city to city. The only times I was stopped by cops here in Reno, was for them to talk motorcycles and check it out. Just ride sanely and they stay off your back.

Back