A Shiny New...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

After following this site for quite some time now, and already having chopped up one bike (which i somewhat regret because it was a tandem, but everything is a learning experience) I am now going to attempt another chop up which will hopefully work out better then the last. i had originally planned on making an entire frame from scratch but due to lack of resources and wanting more practice i thought it would be the best idea to do just another conversion first before undertaking a plan of that size.

I'll start off with showing you the last attempt then i'll start this one with the frame i have to try to start the new one

IMAG0024.jpg

bit of chop and rearrange

IMAG0026.jpg

IMAG0027.jpg

slowly piecing together

IMAG0028.jpg

IMAG0029.jpg

put together

IMAG0049.jpg

and now with new wheels (maxxis holy rollers)

IMAG0055.jpg

now i know that build it wasn't the greatest and i know my many flaws in it (well at least some haha) but we all have to start somewhere so i'm happy with it as a first build.

next comes this beaut' well hopefully soon it will be a beaut'

IMAG0060.jpg

sorry to take so long to answer you and make any sort of an update but life is busy. and my ideas and plans are always changing , with other projects on the go as well i decided to kinda scrap my previous plan and just buy a nice looking frame to attach the motor to and make a nice parts kit for it to make it comfortable as spring is coming and i would like to have a nice daily driver for commuting back and forth to work. i have plans to pick up a full bike of kijiji (eastern canada's craigslist) that i believe will have many usable parts for multiple builds i have on the go (including a normal all purpose trail bike).

i haven't forgotten about these ideas i have but just need to put them on the back burner for now.

i will post more pictures once i pick up a bike i like and start changing the engine kit over

ps. to answer your question no its not a drag bike i just wanted a very stretched BTR style look and suprisingly its quite comfortable but i would feel much safer on a better built frame (as it will take me up to 45km/hr)

The decision between looking cool and riding comfortably can be a tough one.

all right to start here is the new bike, i got it at a fair price and came with a set of wheels i could use elsewhere. its very comfortable but the only problem that i'v run into is that the downtube is 1 1/2" and the motor mount didn't allow for that so i'v had to widen it up and am in the process of making a new clamp for it, i dont have much time for mods as i generally do them while at work during my breaks, (i'm a deisel mechanic)
IMAG0069.jpg

IMAG0070.jpg

IMAG0072.jpg

while this is mostly just an install build i thought i would post it up anyways. i was hoping to make this look pretty cool, and still be practical. i install the wrap as the exhaust comes quite close to the frame and plan later on changing the fuel tank either to be concealed inside a bag and 2 saddle bags or a canister hanging from below the seat/attached to the seatpost

IMAG0073.jpg

IMAG0074.jpg

IMAG0075.jpg

Latest posts

Back