A few more unusual ones

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Found 4 more today, Not sure what the first one is, 28" wood/metal wheels, box is galvanized and appears repro, along with Harley tag, I am thinking maybe Elgin ?, the rusty one has a Fleetwing tag, can't find any info on that one. any help as usual is very much appreciated, Rick
Img_4175.jpg

Img_4178.jpg

Img_4179.jpg

Img_4180.jpg

Img_4181.jpg

Img_4183.jpg

Img_4184.jpg

next one is a basic Schwinn, but is neat with all the schwinn accessories, thinking of changing this one to a single speed.
The last one I have not a clue, I do not remember these, and I was born in 1960
Img_4187.jpg

Img_4188.jpg

Img_4189.jpg

Img_4191.jpg

Img_4192.jpg

Img_4193.jpg

Img_4195.jpg

The first bike is a puzzler, definitely Elgin frame,fork, fenders, and sprocket. I've never seen one badged as a harley though? Whatever it is you have one of the coolest finds I've seen yet! Don't do a thing to it.

Wow!!! Nice!! I love your Fleetwing, great to see that. My family also has a Fleetwing and has been passed down for the past 72 years. So your bike is probably from the late 1930's. Underneath the blue paint on our Fleetwing is the original red paint.

fleetwingandgoodwrich.jpg

fleetwinglogo.jpg

FW6.jpg

37fleetwing.jpg

Great to see another Fleetwing! You don't see them very often.

KZ1000 said:
Found 4 more today, Not sure what the first one is, 28" wood/metal wheels, box is galvanized and appears repro, along with Harley tag, I am thinking maybe Elgin ?, the rusty one has a Fleetwing tag, can't find any info on that one. any help as usual is very much appreciated, Rick

next one is a basic Schwinn, but is neat with all the schwinn accessories, thinking of changing this one to a single speed.
The last one I have not a clue, I do not remember these, and I was born in 1960
Img_4187.jpg

Img_4188.jpg

Img_4189.jpg

Img_4191.jpg

Img_4192.jpg

Img_4193.jpg

Img_4195.jpg
That's not a basic schwinn to me. I love that thing! :D

that last one is out of sight, you can send it to me if ya don't want it. luv the handle bars, wow.

Outlaw :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

The Harley is very cool. nice find. the sprinter is wild with the handlebars and pogostick fork.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
:mrgreen:
you want to sell that tank? if not would you do me a favor and post some pics of the door(open,closed,and rough measurements of door and opening pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!!!) either here or pm them to me! thanks :mrgreen:

the first looks to be about 97% original(it is an elgin btw.....same as my build off bike)as far as i can tell someone just stuck a harley badge on it(looks like its glued on)and as you guessed the tank isnt the right one for it
but GREAT scores!!!

Sure, I'll take some pictures and measurements today and send them your way, Rick

Great Scores!!! The last bike is a compact style bike made by Iverson in the late 1960's. It was made to easily fit in the trunk of a car. Thanks!!!

Rat Rod, that one I found at a place I used to visit about 10-12 years ago when I was collecting Porcelain signs, I am now thinking back at places I used to go and going back to see if there are any bikes, as my interests have now changed and I am not "only" looking for signs. I could not believe this was still in the shed along with many other OLD bikes and frames, along with a High Wheeler. The Elgin is all that he would sell at this time, he told me to call him on a regular basis as he is in the process of cleaning up the property and sheds.

So People, Think about all those older people you have met thru the years, and go back and see what they have. Believe me, I am in the heating buisness and get into a lot of houses, People do not throw things away. at least not in the Northeast

That's an Elgin all right! I'd bet there's 2 holes under that Harley sticker for a metal badge. Fleet Wings were mabe by Cleveland Welding Co., basically the same as a Roadmaster. I have one in the Gallery. Note that the badge is jsut the roadmaster badge turned upside down! digging Schwinnmesa's FW too! ~Adam

Back