A BREEZY day in Cincinnati

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found this in an antique shop in Oakley today. Check out the cool Schwinn Headlight
It was born on June 23, 1965

2798591456_6981b004ce_o.jpg

2798592174_0e99c95f89.jpg

2798591886_ff70acb660.jpg

2798592282_b5d75b2e0d.jpg

2797745781_2ca4bc32f3.jpg

It looks like it belonged to Sally Siggins in a former life
2798591654_0df1b48652.jpg

Schwinn Tubular S5 Rims
2797746059_87b1effe80_o.jpg

Does anybody know if these are goofy sized likt the s7, or will normal 26" tires fit?

What are the odds :D I can't believe what that headlight can fetch in new condition.

GTCOMA said:
I found this in an antique shop in Oakley today. Check out the cool Schwinn Headlight
It was born on June 23, 1965

Does anybody know if these are goofy sized likt the s7, or will normal 26" tires fit?

should say size a couple spokes to the right :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
surely "goofy" size...

goofy sized tires on that awesome ride. Looks like it will clean up good.

thanks everybody for help with the tires. I might be able to use the Schwinn front tire. I'll have to see how it holds up when I take it off the rim. the back tire is shot.

Now I am torn on what to do. Should i just replace the rims or try to get new tires and fix the shifter? The shifter cable and linkage is pretty much destroyed, so I need a new one. Anybody know where to get one?The little indicator chain is broken off just inside the hub. Those things have a threaded bit on the end...right. so it should just unscrew...

necessaryevil said:
What are the odds :D I can't believe what that headlight can fetch in new condition.

I took it apart last night and unfortunately the batteries exploded in it about 40 years ago and all the internals are destroyed. I am going to go to radio shack and see if I can find some new battery guts to get it running again. maybe do an LED upgrade... we'll see

GTCOMA said:
Those things have a threaded bit on the end...right. so it should just unscrew...

you got it, i would replace the cable / chain and keep the old rims on the bike. the schwinn rims are alot stronger than most others are.

i always use fast orange hand cleaner and a nail brushthey may not be sparkling white afterwards but it usually knocks the grime off pretty quick... and smells good :mrgreen:

Back