7 Speed Nexus - Finally! Now I need Help!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A huge thanks to mybike1 for an awesome trade. :!: :!: :D :D

I finally have my Shimano Nexus Inter7 w/coater brake. Now to figure out which bike to put it on...

3448460439_3a1308921c_b.jpg

3449275736_a2f154cd3e_b.jpg

3449277184_dfce2fa8ec_b.jpg

Re: 7 Speed Nexus - Finally!

Hello GTCOMA,

I got my first nexus 7 sped last summer,
a beautiful piece of machinery. Multiple speeds
while keeping that vintage single speed look. :D

Best of luck with yours.

Cheers.

Cool! I just got my first Nexus bike (Kona A'ha) and I love it. Little maintenance and very smooth. I also am putting Nexus 8 wheel with roller brake on my gf's Collegiate Deluxe to make it a bulletproof city bike. Someone on CL was selling it super cheap - it seems people in Portland are not really into multispeed cruisers.

I wonder what you traded.

i removed the chrome decal from the center of the hub on mine. helps it fit in with an old bike a little better. have fun rigging it up.

Without giving it away, I'll tell everyone that I traded something that I wasn't going to use for something that I will... and GTCOMA went above and beyond what was expected of him. Great guy, and he threw in a beautiful pair of ape hangers too! :mrgreen: And that wasn't even part of the deal!
So now I've got a great project that will be finished up in a few weeks. And I'll post some pics ASAP.
Thanks again GTCOMA ...you are a king!

Well, I've got it now! But what do I do with it?

I can't decide what direction to go with it. Should I put it on an old cruiser bike or a new cruiser bike, or should I build a bullet proof commuter bike on a diamond frame, or should it go on a sweet Klunker? So many options! I can't decide! :!:

This of course hinges heavily on finding a bike that will fit this Beastly Hub

Any ideas???

I put mine on a prewar Schwinn frame. Had to spread the rear end a bit but it's worked out so far. Gary

I second 2manybikes. Put it on something that will see miles. While it is nice on a cruiser, they can be much more appreciated on a fast bike.

Here is my setup. A nice commuter.

0722082008.jpg

Back