'69 Raleigh Sports refurb

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=16380

P1011742.jpg

BEFORE

Well I been so busy lately I haven't had any time for bikes. Figured I clean this (see link above) one up to help cure my withdrawls.

Disassembled the frame and polished it with compound. Hammered the dents out of the fenders then I cleaned and greased the crank bearings. Put a fresh set in the neck.

P1012545.jpg

P1012546.jpg

Front wheel cleaned up nice. Genuine Raleigh tires, made in Holland.

P1012548.jpg

The TCW tri-coaster hub was grinding. Gee I wonder why??

Bad brake band.

P1012544.jpg

Can't find a brake band. :x Thats OK, I have an AW hub and wheel I can use. I like to disassemble and clean them.

Everything looks good and clean. Hopefully I'll have time and I can put it back together later today.

P1012552.jpg

I can turn the simpest refurb into a project!

Thanks, just hope I can find a set of brakes for the rear in my parts stash. I would have liked to use that '69 date stamed hub too. The AW is a '71.
This bike has some those cool '60s graphics and I would have liked to keep it in that decade. It could pass for an early '60s bike.

Those brakes should be easy to come by. I have a big stash of them because I strip the Lady's Sports and use the parts as replacement parts, a very noticable thing about the brake calis are they are long rear ones. very handy to have too for other projects. if you wanna picture I can get some. I know alot about Raleigh Sports lol

Thanks Hsean, let me know if you have a brake setup for sale. I also need a seat post bolt.

Almost done 'cept the rear brake. I love that clickety-clickety sound of a fresh S.A. hub.

P1012666.jpg

P1012669.jpg

Back