'67 Sears Spyder Klunker goes back on the shelf

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
While kicking around the garage trying to decide on my next project, I came across a '67 Sears Spyder frame I picked up a while back and decided that it's time had come.
Here it is when I brought it home. Really digging the dual rear calipers!
555y8g.jpg

Here is why I bought it in the first place.
2e64y76.jpg

Re: '67 Sears Spyder Klunker Begins

Cool! Those are fun bikes. I had a single speed '69 Spyder 100% original and I really enjoyed it. The parking brake on these is a pretty cool feature. :D

Re: '67 Sears Spyder Klunker Begins

i'd found two of those over the years way back. it's what i'm kinda basing my big muscle bike on now.

that shifter was on ebay a while back. hardly anyone bid like i thought so i was able to get it. goes a long way to letting me have the look of my old bike. now i just need that chainguard.

Well, I spent some time this week cleaning up the frame and squirted it with a nice satin black while I waited on some parts to arrive. This morning my Felt Berm Masters showed up and I was like a kid on Christmas morning. I rushed out to the garage to try them on. Much to my dismay, they won't fit the frame without some major work to the frame. The frame is in good shape, so back on to the shelf to wait for another project. But from the ashes of this project will rise my Typhoon Lone Star Beer Klunker. I have been planning a Lone Star build for a while. The brewery is sending me lables and bottle caps. I have some friends in Texas working to track down a tap handle for the shifter. Look for a new thread later with pics of the Berm Masters mounted on the Typhoon.

Back