'64 Schwinn Jaguar

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up this frame on E Bay for $30 , its a 1964 Jaguar in pretty sorry shape ( quite rusty )So far I have re done the chain guard with a new set of decals , Also I managed to remove the cranks and re grease the bearings so they are fine . I added a set of Schwinn cranks from another project , as well as the tank and new springer . This is the project so far , I also have a seat and set of Schwinn grips . The seatpost is completely seized in the seat tube so I woulsd appreciate any suggestions on how to remove this , Thanks
2761369285_a5b8149c28.jpg
2762212838_7260350763.jpg

She looks good so far.. Vise grips, and penetrating spray. :) Should work.

I got a seized post in my spaceliner frame, its been stuck for like 3 years? Idk what to do. Im using heat next.

One of the best tips I ever got: Use a seat clamp rather than any kind of pliers/vise grips/wrenches. You'll get way better grip if you just attach a seat and work at it that way. Hit it with a good penetrating spray and let it sit for over night, then put a seat on it and twist on it. Should work.

johnny nightwolf said:
One of the best tips I ever got: Use a seat clamp rather than any kind of pliers/vise grips/wrenches. You'll get way better grip if you just attach a seat and work at it that way. Hit it with a good penetrating spray and let it sit for over night, then put a seat on it and twist on it. Should work.

Right on right on. that always works too. Good thinking Night. :mrgreen:

Back