64 Schwinn Heavy Duty..Value?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The chainring is no big deal as you can get a cloverleaf 46t for cheap if you want to change it back to original. For that much money though, the thing would have to be an 8 or 9 out of 10 before I'd pay it. Gary

I would have to agree w/Gary, this price is a premium and as such you should be getting a primo bike!Although price is a relative thing as well, depends on many factors. I guess it really boils down to how much YOU really want it! Keep in mind that proper tires for that thing are becoming harder to find and as such tend to be spendy as well! :wink: Later & Peace!!!!

i would say that is about what it is worth maybe a little on the high side in this economy but you dont see those every day either.

Umm, yeah... You kinda forgot to mention it is a "king" size frame! I would have to change my original response and say, Yes, it is worth it. Fairly rare to come by one of these intact.

Slick Rick said:
Umm, yeah... You kinda forgot to mention it is a "king" size frame! I would have to change my original response and say, Yes, it is worth it. Fairly rare to come by one of these intact.

Boy, that's no kidding. I've never even seen a Kingsize Heavy-Duty before...or even knew they made a Kingsize in other than the American. Gary

Well thats what I get for lacka knowledge....I didn't even know there was a difference....I just thought it was cool and black and made the year I was born, I may have to call and see if he wants to do any partial trading :wink: I have the money ...but I need tires on my wifes car and need to at least primer my Monte Carlo sometime soon :roll:

I've been looking for a king frame for years. The head tube and seat tube are only about an inch longer though.

Wildcat said:
I've been looking for a king frame for years. The head tube and seat tube are only about an inch longer though.
That's all? Sheesh! The old prewar frames came in 16", 18"(standard size), and 20". Two inches might make a difference to a tall person. An eighth inch and a sticker that says "Kingsize" isn't worth any extra $$$ to me. Gary

id probably pay that. like mentioned, the schwinn americans, heavy duti king size versions are sort of a rare find. i have a 62' american heavy-duti (not kingsize) and i think this is the most trouble free bike i own (and i currently have like 14 or 15). i dig the lucky 7 chainring, and living here where there are some good hills, i can understand the swap out. i have so many 46t schwinn cloverleaf chainrings down in my shop, its not even funny. bottom line, nice bike!

Back