58 Huffy?? Think it is not sure tho.....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
scored this bike off some older guy who thought it was junk! $40. Someone painted the fenders and a stripped the paint, it was super thin came right off. Have lots more pics to share. Oh and sorry im new here. Names Andrew I live in Old Orchard Beach Maine. Hopefully i read the how to post pics thread correctly and it works!
HPIM1245.jpg

HPIM1246.jpg

think it worked... Anyway Hello Group and Thanks for any help!!

hey Thanks but the only numbers i can find are OHO 144, Pretty sure the OHO part means Ohio not sure about the 144 part tho. when you say rear drop out do you mean the part where the rear wheel bolts to the frame? If so thats where i found my numbers. Right above the coaster brake near the hub bolt on the frame

this is how the numbers appear, 0H0 144. theres a gap between the two sets of characters but definately there are no other numbers there.

Man would i love to find a tank and chainguard!!!

EDIT!!! none, NONE, of any 60's model Huffy's ive seen have the headbadge like this one does. Anyone who might know a thing or two about my particular headbadge might be able to give some feedback, im thinking. The forks are Monarcks and i know a lil about that story, how Huffy bought them out and what not. So from that i may also be able to gleen more imformation.

HI,
I'm not as proficient at the later Huffys. I actually did have a 1958ish Huffy about 10 years ago. they're pretty easy to spot, right around that time, Huffy acquired Monark and the Huffys ended up with an odd assortment of Monark parts on them for a couple years.
I'm also inclined to place yours at 1960 because of the serial but am not certain. mine didn't have peaked fenders but came with a Monark sprocket and monark balloon wheels with a Bendix 2speed lever shift rear hub. you may never be able to pin it down exactly, the prewar Huffmans have changes every year that can be used with the serial numbers to get relatively accurate dates. the late 1950's and 1960's bikes of all brands remained unchanged for several years in a row making them much more difficult to figure out. I would pick a year you feel is right and go with it, I've never heard of a reliable way to date the late 1950's and newer Huffys. it looks like a nice enough bike, set it up the way you like and ride the wheels off of it! :lol:

http://www.recycler.com/details/263510

This bike listed on recycler looks indentical to mine minus the few parts mine is missing. But, and i know i keep going back to it, Mine has a Huffy head badge...I cant be for certain but the badge on that bike on recycler does not appear to be Huffy. Guess im going to have to research Monarck and get more DATA! Side note i have tried contacting the person selling that bike with no luck.

Im starting to think that not only did Huffy use Monarck parts, after they bought out Monarck, but that the may have in fact taken whole complete, or nearly complete bikes and rebadge them. Maybe they just took some of the nearly completed bikes that were left over and stuck a big ole HUFFY on the front. Seems highly likely to me cause thats what i woulda done.

Anyway Thanks very much for the help people!

Now.... to repaint or not to repaint....that is the question....

weloveour86FieroSE said:
http://www.recycler.com/details/263510

This bike listed on recycler looks indentical to mine minus the few parts mine is missing. But, and i know i keep going back to it, Mine has a Huffy head badge...I cant be for certain but the badge on that bike on recycler does not appear to be Huffy. Guess im going to have to research Monarck and get more DATA! Side note i have tried contacting the person selling that bike with no luck.

Im starting to think that not only did Huffy use Monarck parts, after they bought out Monarck, but that the may have in fact taken whole complete, or nearly complete bikes and rebadge them. Maybe they just took some of the nearly completed bikes that were left over and stuck a big ole HUFFY on the front. Seems highly likely to me cause thats what i woulda done.

Anyway Thanks very much for the help people!

Now.... to repaint or not to repaint....that is the question....

you are going to have better luck with the right word, for example the company name is MONARK not monarch or monarck. monarch is a bicycle company from 1899 no longer in existence, monarck does not exist and monark is tricky since there is a current company from europe which is not by any means related to the chicago built monark which most of them use the badge with the name monark silver king

Back