"57 Girls Schwinn American Birthday Present

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The middle of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I bought a 57 Schwinn girls bike at the junk store. My daughter wanted an old cruiser for her birthday. It had a good frame, fork, chain guard, grips and seat. One wheel was Schwinn and one wasn't. It had rusty bars, crank, chain wheel, rims, pedals etc. It had an ancient faded spray bomb repaint with a lot of drips and overspray as it was just sprayed without much regard. I just cleaned and sanded out the drips. I found a inexpensive Schwinn Sanctuary for $150 delivered to my door on Amazon. It had an original design Schwinn chain wheel. I figured I could not buy all that stuff for $150 so I stripped the new Sanctuary and put the parts on the old Schwinn. I put the old Schwinn in phosphoric acid for a week and painted it. I didn't take before pictures but we have all seen what I am talking about.
Donor bike.

Refurbished Birthday bike.

I still have to put on the rear chain guard brace and the head badge and touch up the decals. Pedals were from Goodwill for $5. Gooseneck was from an old kids bike. Almost done.

Back