30's monark value help?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, I've come across a local guy selling a 1930 Monark Silver King deluxe, non springer front end, missing half the tank,headlight non original rear rim, non original seat and bars, original brown paint. This dial up internet i'm on makes posting pics tedious, sorry. What would be a fair market value for something like that today?
monark1.jpg

Rick

tell him $25 an see what he says then go from there.

Outlaw :mrgreen:

now if im not mistaken...i thought the silver kings were silver(due to the aluminum frame that was unpainted)
i could be wrong but every silver king ive ever seen has been well......silver :?

Hey there. I'm pretty darn sure you've got yourself a 1950's Monarch in basically ratty condition. Offer $50....if he/she continues to talk BS about the age/value, just walk away.

...."break the wrist, then walk away".....

:mrgreen:

I agree that it is not from the 30's, maybe late 40's at the oldest. Silver King was used by Monark to denote their aluminum bikes, but also they used the name on other models. I have a 1957 Monark Silver King that is a middleweight with painted fenders and a Bendix manual shift two speed. I would price the bike in question a little higher than the others, I have bought similar Monarks and paid $150, but it all depends on how much you want it.

I'd say anything under $150 is fair for that bike. Most of the Monark headbadges from the 50's back to the late 30's say Silver King somewhere on them (the Rockets do anyway) With the tank and being mostly complete like that, it's worth $150 but that doesn't mean you gotta pay that for it.

Thanks all, while i'd love to have it to ratify, this fellow seems to think he's sitting on a gold mine. Heres the link to his for sale ad, with more photos.
http://www.usedottawa.com/classified-ad/5951918
When I spoke to him last weekend, he didnt have a firm price in mind, but instead rambled on about ebay and such.
Unless I can bring him back to reality, I guess my search will continue.
Rick

Thanks for the laugh! $750! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That guy needs to put the pipe down! :wink:
L8 EM

I didn't read/remember by the time I posted that half of the tank was gone. I would break it down like this. He has a local sale of a lot of Monark parts. It's worth like...frame $30, sprocket and crank, $5 , rack, fenders, badge, half of the tank, $25, everything else = $0.

$60, then he has to find someone that actually wants it. I'd say $30-60 is very fair for what most people would consider scrap metal.

Back