29er with 37.25" standover!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow... a little slip up on a log crossing riding that thing and you would separate the twig from the berries in a heartbeat.

With the height of the bike, the rake looks so shallow, it seems like you could flip over the handlebars in a heartbeat.
It needs some apes and a banana seat to shift the center of gravity farther back.

Uggg, those tall frames are so hideous, and I don't think they ride well (Rivendell would vehemently disagree).
Frame design and wheel size needs a complete enema for big bikes. There's enough tall riders out there that they could develop a 750c wheel/tire size and make nice bike frames in the same geometry/proportions as the ideal 54-56cm bikes.

I love Seven brand bikes though. :)

I feel like the man (basketball star) that this bike was made for really didn't need a mountain bike, probably a cruiser would have suited him better. It just seems like since mountain bikes entered the mainstream everyone has to have a mountain bike and just like 4 wheel drive SUVs most of them are never used to their full potential. I'd rather craigslist be full of junky coaster brake cruisers that people rode for a month and then put in the shed than all these junky mountain bikes and all their tangled cable. No, this is not a junky mountain bike, but it wasn't used for what it was built for.

Back