26" schwinn fairlady??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey all,

I recently bought some schwinn chainguards and there is 2 26" guards that say Fairlady on them?? there the jaguar, corvette style half chrome guards both are blue. Did they make them in a 26"?? one has a bracket for what looks to be a cable on top

thanks Ty

:lol: You could of asked me :lol: They were 50's/60's middleweights, and yes 26" bikes. the one with the clip on top was a three speed bike but the clip was for the rear brake cable as the others would have had coasters and not needed a cable clip.

Lol to be honest I posted this and was like "hey I should ask ccr" lol and voila here you are. I didnt think much of them in the pics until I started looking at them :lol: I figured the clip was for a cable for 3 spd hub or 5 speed never seen it on a guard before thanks :lol:

the clip was only on the girls bikes since the guys rear brake cable just followed the top tube back. dont think there were any 5 speed fair ladies though there were single / kickbacks and 3 speeds.

Back