24" Columbia?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bought this frame for $10.00 at the Long Beach swap meet. The guy said it's a Columbia, and it looks like one if I compare it to others I've seen. Their are two different sets of numbers under the bottom bracket, along with the word "Germany". Anyone have any ideas on the age of it?
023.jpg
025.jpg

Anyone? Anyone? I checked the Columbia website, and neither of the numbers on their list really match what is on the bike. I've emailed them, but doubt I'll get a repsonse back. My plans are to build this for my 11 year old son, who is currently riding an 80's Murray girls cruiser. My plans are to strip the Murray of all its parts and use them on this one. I'll post a pic of it mocked up, and then tear it down for paint. He does not yet appreciate the patina the frame currently has. I'm hoping to have it done, looking like as nice as possible, for Christmas.

It looks just like my 24"er, but i cant find a number on mine at all. I have looked all over. lol
I will post pics this weekend.

The thing that looks odd to me is, the 2s. On the top you have 2 2s and only 1 on top looks like it had the same hit as the lower set. Then you have the 2 to the right that looks like the others. lol
So it looks like the numbers had 3 hits and the 2 in the middle top was hit at the same time as the lower row. That's my opinion I could be wrong. lol 1 hit fir the 2 on top, 1 hit for the lower row and 1 hit for the upper row.
So why the 2 on top? lol

It's driving me crazy and its not even my bike. lol
So I know it must be driving you mad. Or is it just, I cant find 1 number on mine and you have a ton. lol

I noticed that too, lol. Some guys were looking at it as we were walking around with it, and some said prewar, some said late 40s. It doesnt really matter to me, I was just curious. Either way, it's gonna be fun.

Back