2 Speed Bendix Rebuild - SUCCESS!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish me luck. I got this thing all taken apart and cleaned. i hope i can get it back together and working, I think I have found the problem. Where the main gear spins on the axle it has developed a little bump/groove that I think is preventing the gear from moving completely in to the high setting. but i could be completely wrong. i will try to file down the little edge and see what happens

lots of parts - i think i know where they go...
2626677220_9882884b95_b.jpg

Re: 2 Speed Bendix Rebuild - Yikes

thats how my dad gave me my first gun. said if you can figure it out and put it together. you can shoot it. :?

wish me luck. It's a little after 11:00 pm, the wife and daughter are asleep, and I'm going to go try to rebuild the hub...

the only reason i knew is i have my yellowband apart right now and thought "wheres the rest of it... and whats that part... i dont have that part.... wheres my springy thing at..... did i lose it .... and whys the brake arm different ... ?" :lol:

After about an hour and a half it is all back together and shifting and braking as smooth as a baby's bum! :D :D :D

Thanks to somebody on the Schwinn Forum, this made the job a little easier.

2633255340_1b2234b82e_b.jpg

I filed down the ridges that had worn into the axle over the years and now the gear moves nice and smooth. It was a messy job, but gratifying. Now I just need to figure out what to do with this bike...

Back