2 BLUE BIKES

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Picked these up today.

The Murray will be a parts bike and the Lotus will make some roadie happy. :D

The best part was when I asked the store manager about the pricing because there were no price tags. He comes out and looks them over and says (in Spanish accent)..."hmmm...how about $65 for the pair?....that lady's bike is an antique!" I then asked if they made this stuff up as they went along...ha ha. :lol: I told him it wasn't an "antique" and it was probably made in the 80s or 90s. He then said..."No way..it's an antique...just look at the tires!" I then said...you can buy white walls at any bike store... they are not antiques. I told him the best I could do was $40 for the pair...he then says..."how about $50?" which I then responded by saying I'd pass and as I was walking away he says..."OKAY OKAY...$40!"...ha ha. Gotta love bartering. :D

DSC_0001-1.jpg

DSC_0002-1.jpg

DSC_0003-1.jpg

DSC_0004-1.jpg

DSC_0007-1.jpg

DSC_0008-1.jpg

Looks like those two might put your cleaning powers to the test!! :lol:

Either some rat rodder flipped the handlebars on the ladies bike - or some little old lady with a hunched back had to had them flipped over that way so she could ride it!

I think the movers may have flipped them...there's one of those moving company stickers on the handlebars. :D

I think that the manager was right. The one bike looks like it's from the 1940's, ha ha!!!!!!! Another good find!!!!!!!! We're waiting for you to get in the buildoff.

GTCOMA said:
those chrome bmx 26" forks on the first one could come in handy. are you parting it out for sale or for yourself?

I bought the lady's bike for parts and the road bike to flip. :D

I told him the best I could do was $40 for the pair...he then says..."how about $50?" which I then responded by saying I'd pass and as I was walking away he says..."OKAY OKAY...$40!"...ha ha. Gotta love bartering.

Yep. I always offer them less. There's nothing to lose. When did Murray stop making the frames with pointed drop outs? And those wheels are nice they ressemble S-2s. Way to go.

rusty513 said:
Sorry, I thought this was posted by someone else. I need not to respond so early in the morning,haha

Ha Ha...no problem man...I feel your pain. My daughters had us up at 6:15 today. :shock:

I just got back from trading the road bike for a sweet Hawthorne rat with Carlisle Lightening white walls...will post photos soon.

Back