1992 SCHWINN CRUISER (ON THE BLOCK)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Picked this one up close to home this week.

Original owner bought it in 92, rode it 3 or 4 times and then tucked it into the garage.

Not exactly the pinnacle of Schwinn quality, but a decent bike none the less....especially for what I paid for it. :D

IMG_3280.jpg

IMG_3281.jpg

IMG_3282.jpg

IMG_3266.jpg

IMG_3268.jpg

IMG_3269.jpg

IMG_3270.jpg

IMG_3272.jpg

IMG_3273.jpg

IMG_3278.jpg

IMG_3274.jpg

Re: 1992 SCHWINN CRUISER

Yeah...the owner made the comment twice that he never got the bike wet.

I took the black foam pads off the handlebars....they are perfect.

I actually tried to put them back on, but I couldn't get it to work.

I wish the decals could be removed, but they appear to be clear coated on. :x

I have built a Hungary made frame myself, all in all good quality frames. I wasnt lucky enough to score a good set of Hungary made S-2's though! good Find!

i love it.....its just funny how styles like that were popular in the late 80s early 90s.

So, I have to ask. Do you just sit in front of the monitor all day clicking refresh on C-list? :lol:

Rat Rod said:
Pretty much...I'm a web designer. :wink:
Aren't we all code monkeys? :lol:

There were some decent Cruiser's by Schwinn in 90's before the sell out. I occassionally ride this one versions my vintage cruisers. Will be tossing this one on Craigs soon as working on another vintage(Custom paint) Corvette.

9sSchwinnSS.jpg

Below is a custom paint Speedster. Not a ratrod but I love the bike. It now sports a nice front rack since this pic was taken.

61Speedster.jpg

So should I have pulled the S-2s and sold them separately?

They are only single knurl so I figured they weren't worth as much.

Steve,
The single knurls are not as desireable and complete wrong design in the first place. I have seen some try and unsuccesfully sell those Hungarian rims for high $$ though.

Rick,
I will post some pics when find the correct forum or gallery to display. Got in a nice ride today, hope to get another on Sunday.

Hey Ric, post the vintage bikes in the gallery forum or the other bikes forum. Lets see some of those classics.

Back