1984 Haro Sport- survivor

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had this in fresh finds but wanted it here before I forget!

Best flea market score EVER for me! Got a sweet deal on it. I could not believe it when I saw it. I didn't have enough cash and had to leave it to find an ATM. The drive back was maddening, I was sure it was gone. Every grandma in the world was driving in front of me. ARRRGH!!! But there it was when I got back and I jumped on it. Two guys approached me after. "So hey, do you know much about that bike?"

"I know a bit about it." I replied.

Story goes the owner somehow got this from Pepsi BITD. I have no idea how the connection was made. A contest perhaps? I need to dig more. This looks totally original down to the reflectors. I mean c'mon, what kid didn't take off the reflectors of a freakin Haro Sport? Looks barely ridden for the most part. Even the ends of the grips are totally intact. These bikes got dropped on their bars all the time, right? (No kickstand.)

Did some digging and turns out this bike might be a total survivor all the way down to th ACS Z-rims and single rear Die-compe MX brake + Suntour coaster hub. Harofreestyler.com had the factor specs listed as:
1984SpecSheetHaro.png

As found:
IMG_2736.jpg

Elbow grease later:
IMG_2751.jpg

IMG_2753.jpg

IMG_2754.jpg

IMG_2755.jpg

IMG_2758.jpg

IMG_2762.jpg

IMG_2761.jpg

IMG_2760.jpg

IMG_2763.jpg

IMG_2764.jpg

IMG_2765.jpg

IMG_2766.jpg

IMG_2769.jpg

IMG_2770.jpg

IMG_2774.jpg

And a parting shot with sunrays to sum up the score!
IMG_2777.jpg

Anyone know the value on this puppy? It is far from nos but is a survivor and the pedals and grips are barely mangled.

wow that baby is stock, most guys doll them up with top of the line parts and say thats what they came with, wrong. your bike is the way they came new. id say its pretty close to nos because its all original and those z rims are mint condition. get a kick out of that suntour hub, lol. wow great find. id say value wise around $800.00.

Back