1956 JC Higgins

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last night a friend in Durham asked me about a bike I posted a picture of on Facebook. She lamented not being able to find nice bikes around there...I told her it was probably because of YOU! :shock: HA! Then I told her I'd ship her mine and she said, "Deal!'

[CE

heyslugger said:
Last night a friend in Durham asked me about a bike I posted a picture of on Facebook. She lamented not being able to find nice bikes around there...I told her it was probably because of YOU! :shock: HA! Then I told her I'd ship her mine and she said, "Deal!'

Haha, since I bought this bike I've seen ZERO tank bikes on my CL since then.

My Dad, HUGE supporter of my habit, asked me the other day, "If I was out on a weekend and I found an old bike at a sale, do you think I could buy it to send to you or buy it and you can sell it local;y here on CL from there?" Yes Pops my Hero, you could do that. That would be A O K.

yoothgeye said:
heyslugger said:

I just bought an early 50's Rollfast tanker that was listed in the Raliegh Craigslist in bikes, I drove to bunn to get it, 250 mile round trip but she was worth it.

Carbon said:
I just bought an early 50's Rollfast tanker that was listed in the Raliegh Craigslist in bikes, I drove to bunn to get it, 250 mile round trip but she was worth it.[/quote]

Bunn isn't too far away, about an hour and fifteen minutes. Good price? Photo? I don't follow Raleigh CL, most stuff is too far from me, every once in while I look, but it's got so many over priced bikes.

Edit: I found your fresh finds thread, nice score! Next time in the area, come by and visit, I can usually find some parts or bikes to give away to visitors.

50 for the bike and 30 in gas. :mrgreen:

Picture813.jpg

Spent a bit of time getting is rideable, she's awesome now. :D
RF4.jpg

yoothgeye said:
Edit: I found your fresh finds thread, nice score! Next time in the area, come by and visit, I can usually find some parts or bikes to give away to visitors.

Thanks, yea will do, I know you have alot of cool bikes.

Carbon said:
yoothgeye said:

Thanks, yea will do, I know you have alot of cool bikes.

It's more like an eclectic collection of cheap bikes built into something different.

Back