1952 schwinn Spitfire-Poll

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What should i do to sell this bike?

• Make it more original(trade out wheels, tires, flip bars, paint badge,rub out brush paint)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Make it a custom original(trade out wheels, tires,rub out brush paint)

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Custom original(Same, but dont rub out paint)

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Original(Same, dont rub out paint)

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hey guys, I has a question
You all remember this right?
camera-gate250.jpg

Well, ive been getting pure competition by this guy around me who owns a store,(i used to work for him, cleaning his bikes...hes not a great guy) started selling more+advertises on craigslist.
I need some money to fund for some more bikes to sell, to get to the point ive been trying to get to for a while.
Should i try to sell the bike as is, or put the original wheels on and try to rub off the brush painting that someone put on it, and flip the bars back.

Im asking $100 either way for it

if youre trying to sell to the general public id flip the bars and go as much stock as you can(thatd probably get afew schwinnophiles to look) best bet would be post both pics (stock and how it is now and give the buyers the choice on which option but might be a pita to do that :| ) and no 100 is not too much at all

Totally solid bike! The only change I would recommend in order to appeal to a larger audience is to lose the boardtracker bars and put some apes on it. :? Don't get me wrong, that is NOT what i think is best for the bike, but I have noticed repeatedly in reselling recently....a lot of your potential buyers are looking for something more rideable...as in comfort and position. A bad-... bike like that, with some mid size apes, will give the rider a more upright, but chopperesque feel that I see as pretty popular these days (at least where i am at). They might even look not bad, given the raked front fork. Try it out, then list that thing for at LEAST $150. It will be sold by the end of the weekend.

The Schwinn thing is just extra....the novices will fall for just the name, and the serious collectors will write it off as messed with anyway. Forget the pros!!!!! Appeal to the kustom crowd!

Obviously just my $0.02. Sweet bike exactly as is.....

SOLD IT!...........I was gonna offer you $800 for that bike! Oh well! :lol:

:p :p :p :p :p :p

Back